At Divine Detox, the long-term recovery of our clients is our priority. We want you to feel at like part of the family while during your stay with us, more importantly, we also want you to feel at home out in the “real world”. That’s why we equip you with a strong foundation of knowledge about addiction and how it affects you specifically, along with the skills to live life on life’s terms. So that you’re ready to live your life to its fullest. The Divine Detox alumni program is just one of the many ways we help you stay committed to your recovery, and one of the features that set us apart from other treatment centers in Southern California.
What to Expect from The Divine Detox Alumni Program?
Intensive Outpatient Treatment
An intensive outpatient program (better known as IOP) this generally begins after your PHP or residential treatment. IOP is a vital element of a healthy aftercare plan. During this stage, you will learn how to utilize the skills and coping mechanisms you learned during residential treatment. You will also attend regular weekly groups, individual therapy, as well as AA and NA meetings.
12 Step Program
It has been found that 12 step groups like AA, NA or our alumni program are effective in preventing a relapse. More importantly they promote sustained and long-term recovery. This is because they provide encouragement and motivation to stay substance-free. Our alumni program provides support to members and also to helps them get involved with positive activities in the community.
Monthly Alumni Meetings
We encourage all of our program graduates to attend our monthly alumni meetings and our weekend family meetings. The benefits are countless including: being able to stay in touch with friends that you made during your stay at our addiction treatment center, as well as make new ones. You’ll also get to re-connect with our staff to let them know how you are doing.
Sober Events & Activities
Our Alumni Team coordinates sober events and activities on a regular basis. Being a part of a sober community allows for individuals to grow in their recovery and have the support they need in good and bad times. All events are open to our and includes hiking, beach trips, BBQs and Sports games. They are an all-around fun way to connect.
Anyone who has graduated from any of our treatment programs is eligible to join our alumni program. In most cases after your residential treatment is complete, you will begin to take part in the outings and activities that are mad available through our alumni group.
Not only does this help in continued growth as an individual in recovery, it also allows for our graduates to form life-long bonds and friendships with other sober and clean individuals like themselves.
You’ve finished rehab but don’t think the work stops here. This is where you are going to have to take everything you learned in treatment and apply it to your life in the real world. If that sounds scary to you, don’t worry. When you complete residential treatment, your therapist will work with you to create a customised aftercare or discharge plan. Having a plan will help you to implement what you have learned, stay focused on working your program, and maintain long-term recovery.
Benefits of Joining an Alumni Program
- Stay In Touch With Other Alumni In The Program
- Connect With Others In Your Area
- Attend Monthly Events Which Help You To Work Your Steps And Maintain Long-Term Recovery
- Come Back To Speak On A Panel (It Feels Great To Pass On Your Story And Possibly Help Other People Struggling)
- Find A Sponsor
- Find Great Meetings Near You
- Access To A Built-In Recovery Support System
Alumni Participation Promotes Recovery
- Relapse is a genuine possibility, especially in the first year.
- Continuing to work the 12 steps and serving the addiction community will help you prevent the cycle of drug and alcohol addiction.
- Upon discharge, you will have reliable relapse prevention tools to help you stay sober. The relationships that you will develop during your stay are ongoing, long-term and vital to us as well.
- As a member of our alumni program, you will always have a support system to turn to who understand that the transition into a new life of sobriety isn’t always smooth especially in times of crisis.
“Recovery isn’t simply an event, it’s an ongoing process that unfolds over a lifetime“